What is CapLinked?
CapLinked is a platform for companies and professionals to manage business deals. Using intuitive yet robust tools for document sharing and project collaborations, CapLinked makes business transactions simple and secure.
CapLinked was founded in 2010 by Silicon Valley and finance industry veterans with a goal of streamlining capital raises and other business deals. It is backed by investors who funded or started Facebook, PayPal, Zynga, Palantir Technologies, and other leading technology companies. It is based in Los Angeles.
What kind of businesses can use CapLinked?
Any business can use CapLinked to manage document intensive projects or business transactions. Real estate, financial, legal, private equity & venture capital firms all need a solution for file management and collaboration.
Which browsers does CapLinked support?
To ensure CapLinked runs correctly and optimally, you'll want to use one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome. Download here.
Google Chrome is CapLinked preferred browser and allows for enhanced uploading functionality.
Who can see my workspace?
By default, information in Workspaces on CapLinked is private and cannot be seen by the public. Only people who have been invited to view a Workspace can view documents and information.
You can learn about setting your Permissions here.
How Do I Delete a Workspace?
Workspace deletion requests can only be submitted by workspace admins from the Settings page within the workspace. Please find our support article for steps on how to submit a workspace deletion request: How Do I Delete a Workspace?
Why doesn’t my document look right in the fileviewer?
If a document does not render correctly when viewing it on the document page, it could be a formatting issue. Some options to address this include:
- Change the file extension. Some file types do not render as well as others in the CapLinked viewer. For example, a file with the ".xls" extension will not look as true to form as ".xlsx" file type. If possible, re-save your file with the ".xlsx" file extension instead of ".xls" and either upload the new file or upload it as a new version of the same file.
- Change the file content. If it is important to view a particular document in the viewer before it is potentially downloaded, it may be a good idea to re-format the content of the document itself. For example, if cells from an excel document are not rendering optimally in the viewer, consider adding borders to some cells to make associated rows and columns more clear.
- Switch to fullscreen mode. If portions of your document are not viewing properly, click the fullscreen button at the top of the document page to view a larger version.
You can learn more about why a file may not be viewable in the browser here.
What types of files are compatible with CapLinked?
Admins can upload and download any file type except for:
- Files with ".exe," extension
- Hidden files (for example, files with the ".thumb" extension)
- Files that start with a period "."
The web fileviewer will display file types with the following extensions:
Microsoft Office: ".doc", ".docx", ".xls", ".xlsx", ".ppt", ".pptx"
Apache Open Office: ".ods", ".odt", ".odp"
Text formats: ".csv", ".rtf", ".txt"
Image formats: ".png", ".tif", ".tiff", ".pdf", ".jpg", ".jpeg"
Video formats: ".mp4"
How do I reset my password?
To reset your password:
Go to caplinked.com > Sign In > Forgot Password?
Enter your email in the required field > Reset Password.
You will receive an email with a link to rest your password. Please email email@example.com if you do not receive your password reset email.