When a new parent folder is added, by default, its view, download, and upload access is denied. All parent folders are viewable by admins only until explicitly assigned.
When a new child subfolder is added, by default, it will adopt the view, download, and upload access of it's parent folder until explicitly assigned.
To grant access to folders (and subfolders) and their contents and assign View, Download, and/or Upload permissions, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Permissions page.
- Select the custom group to which you’d like to assign folders.
- Click the "Folders" tab.
- The three columns next to the folder structure illustrate actions allowed for View, Download and Upload.
- A folder with a right facing arrow can be expanded to view its next level of subfolders.
- Permissions can be set for each parent folder/child subfolder by selecting the corresponding permissions row with the parent folder/child subfolder.
- If permissions for a Child folder are Allowed, its parent folder permissions will become Allowed
- If permissions for a Child folder are Denied, its parent folder permissions will NOT become Denied
- If permissions for a Parent folder are Allowed, its children folder permission will become Allowed
- If permissions for a Parent folder are Denied, its children folder permission will become Denied
There are icons for view, download, and upload, as well as icons that indicate whether a permission is allowed or denied. See legend below: