2-Factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account. You will be required to enter a numerical code along with your username and password when signing into your account.
To set up 2-Factor Authentication, follow the steps below:
- Login to CapLinked at secure.caplinked.com
- Select your name in the top right corner
- Select “Profile Settings”
- Select “Set Up Two-Factor Auth”
You will then be presented with the following page:
If you do not have a smartphone, you will select the “Set up SMS” option.
- Enter your phone number.
- You will receive an authentication code via text message. Enter the code on the provided page:
If you do have a smartphone, you will can select “Set up App”. You will then be prompted to download an authenticator app. We suggest downloading the Google Authenticator. You can download the app here.
Once you have downloaded an app, you will scan the code provided on the following page:
After scanning the code, you will have successfully enabled Two-Factor Authentication for your smartphone. To retrieve your code, you can enter the app and your code will be listed:
Note: you will be required to enter a new code each time you log into your account.