Administrators of a workspace have the ability to add a description to any existing file for organizational purposes.
How to Add a File Description
To add a description to a file:
1. Navigate to the Files page of your workspace
2. Choose the folder where the file is located
3. Check the box next to the title of the file
4. Select the "Edit" option under the file preview, displayed on the right side of the page
5. Input your description* in the text box and select the blue checkmark to save your changes.
The file description will be displayed when hovering over the "i" icon over a file name and in the top right corner of a file within the file viewer.
*There is a 200 character limit for the file description.
Hiding the File Description Badge from Non-Admin Users
You may hide the file description badge or "i" icon from users by taking the following steps:
1. Navigate to your "Settings" page within the workspace
2. Check the box titled "Hide file versions and description badges from workspace members."
3. Click 'Save Workspace Settings' to save your changes
4. Please note that disabling description badges from users will also disable file version badges.
File descriptions will still be visible to non-admins from the file preview on the Files page and on the file viewer.