CapLinked and GDPR - Our Commitment to Data Privacy
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give EU citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
The regulation will become effective and enforceable on the 25th May 2018.
This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
What changes is CapLinked making to be GDPR compliant?
Like many other software companies, we are implementing our company-wide GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 25, 2018 and beyond. We appreciate that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of CapLinked, and we are committed to helping our customers fulfill their requirements under GDPR.
Below are a few examples of initiatives we have committed to in order to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both our customers and us:
- Committing to security and privacy measures required under GDPR. You can view details on our current security measures at Security @ CapLinked.
- Assisting our customers with satisfying their GDPR data security and privacy requirements as described at Security @ CapLinked, notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring our staff that access and process our customer’s personal data are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any subprocessors that handle our customers’ personal data to the applicable data management, security and privacy standards required under GDPR
- Commiting to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
Do we process personal data of our customers?
Where do we send customer data?
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a certain location (e.g., Europe)?
CapLinked features require that data be transferred to the US. In addition, our employees may need access to data stored in the EU from a non-EU country (e.g., United States) for technical and support related reasons. In all cases where data is transferred outside of the E.U., CapLinked commits to ensuring such transfers are compliant with applicable data transfer laws, including GDPR.
Are we Privacy Shield certified?
Yes. We are certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework certification. You can view this Privacy Shield certification here.
CapLinked is also compliant with South Africa’s protection of personal information act. The compliance requirements overlap with GDPR and CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act).
CapLinked is 100% committed to customers’ success and the protection of customer data. Customers can count on our commitment to GDPR compliance. Thank you for your interest in CapLinked!
- Privacy – We’re committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
- Security– Our customer focused culture ensures that security is a top priority.
- Data Processing Agreement (DPA)