How to Upload Files to the CapLinked Browser
1. Ensure at least one folder has been created in the workspace. If not, click "New Folder" and create your first folder.
2. Select a folder, and click the green "Upload" button.
3. Drag and drop files into the indicated space, or click "Choose File" to make your selection. With Google Chrome, you have the option to drag and drop folders into the upload field, which will upload the folders and their contents.
What Platforms Can I Use to Upload Files?
Within the upload field, you have the option to use the following platforms to upload your documents to the CapLinked browser:
- Your local device
- Google Drive
You can use these platforms to upload to CapLinked when selecting the Upload button.
Common Upload Issues
1. You're seeing a blank box when selecting the Upload button.
If you're seeing a blank box when selecting the "Upload" button, it's due to your IT department's security settings. Please pass the following whitelist instructions to your IT department:
"Please whitelist api.filepicker.io to ensure availability of the CapLinked web file uploader, which interacts with Filepicker's API."
In the interim, you can download our bulk uploader below to upload files:
Please also reference our support page regarding the bulk uploader below:
2. You're seeing an endless loading wheel when selecting the Upload button.
If there's an endless loading wheel when you select the "Upload" button, your browser is set to block third-party cookies and site data, which is preventing you from uploading. You can edit this setting by selecting the three bars (or dots) in the top right corner of your browser. You will then select Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Content Settings > unmark the box titled "Block third-party cookies and site data". Once you update this setting, you should be able to upload files without issue.
For Google Chrome, please use the steps as follows:
Settings > Privacy and security > Site Settings > Cookies and site data > uncheck "Block third-party cookies” option.
3. "NotFoundError" Upload Message
If you're receiving a "NotFoundError" message when uploading, this indicates that you're attempting to upload from a network drive or location outside of your local device. For the file or folder directory, you need to download the folder/file locally to your C:\ (local device) then upload to CapLinked.