1. Make sure you are using the appropriate application to open the document. CapLinked DRM-protected PDFs must be opened with the latest version of Adobe Reader. If you are not using the latest version of Adobe Reader, you may encounter the following error message (or one very similar to it):
2. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. In order to communicate with CapLinked and Adobe servers to open the document, the user must be connected the internet.
3. Enter the correct email and password when prompted. The credentials (user email and password) entered to view the document must match the credentials of the individual who downloaded the document. In order to maintain security, the only user email and password that can successfully open a DRM-protected document are those of the downloader's, even if the user who enters their credentials also has access to the document.
4. Make sure the settings for the DRM-protected document have not changed. If your access has been revoked and re-granted, or if the date of revoking has been altered, the individual who has already downloaded the document may not be able to open document. In this case, re-downloading the document will provide the user with a functional version. If you suspect that these changes have been made, re-download the document and try again. If you suspect that your access has been revoked, please contact your workspace administrator.
5. Ensure that your company's network can access the CapLinked DRM server. If your personal computer has trusted the appropriate domains, have the appropriate IT personnel whitelist the following domains:
6. Make sure that you are not already signed into Adobe Reader with a differing personal account. If you are signed in with an account other than your CapLinked account, then that account will need to be signed off first before the document will accept your DRM/ CapLinked credentials.
Steps to sign-out of personal account:
- Click your name in upper right hand corner
- Select Sign Out
- Re-open downloaded file and log in using your CapLinked credentials