CapLinked offers watermarking to enhance security when sharing your documents. Here are instructions for best utilizing the watermarking feature:
- Watermarks are only applied to non-administrator groups in a workspace. Administrators don't experience watermarking.
- When viewing documents in the web viewer, all document types will have the watermark applied.
- When downloading documents that have watermarking applied, only PDF files will be downloaded with a watermark. The rest of the files (if any) will be downloaded normally.
What Does the Watermark Look Like?
The watermark is unique to each user it is enabled for. By default, a watermark on CapLinked has the following information:
- Time/Date of viewing
- The user's name
- The IP address of the user
- The email address of the user
The watermark can be customized on the team and workspace level. For more information on how to customize your team's watermark, please reference the Customizing Watermark article.
How to Enable Watermarking for a Specific Permissions Group
- Go the Permissions tab in your workspace.
- Select the group for which you'd like to enable watermarking.
- On the right sidebar, select "Enable Watermarking".
CapLinked Watermarking as it appears in the web file viewer:
CapLinked Watermarking as it appears on a downloaded PDF document: