What is the Q&A Feature?
CapLinked's Q&A feature (version 1) can be used by both workspace administrators and non-admin members. Q&A gives workspace members the ability to ask questions regarding specific documents.
There are two types of Q&A posts: Questions and answers that only the original question poster and workspace administrators can see, and FAQs, which are visible to all workspace members.
There are two different Q&A versions. Q&A Version 1 is the default version for all workspaces. Workspace administrators can enable EZ Q&A (Version 2) from the Settings page within the workspace instead. For more information on EZ Q&A (Version 2), please reference: Administrator's Guide: EZ Q&A (Version 2)
How to Ask a Question (All Members)
1. To ask a question, open the desired document in the Caplinked web viewer.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and type the comment/question for that document in the question text field.
3. Click the "Submit Question."
Who can view the question?
Only the question poster (admin or non-admin members) and the workspace administrator(s) can see the question.
Replying to Questions (Admins only)
1. To reply to a question, navigate to the Q&A page within the workspace.
2. Select "Pending" on the left and select the question to which you'd like to reply to.
3. Click "Reply" and fill in your response.
4. Once your reply is ready, click "Post reply to thread."
Admins can also reply to questions directly from the document where the question was asked by selecting "Reply" underneath the question thread.
Who can view the reply?
Only the question poster and workspace administrator(s) can see the reply. Please note that all workspace administrators will have access to the Q&A page.
Posting to FAQ (Admins only)
1. To make a question and answer viewable to all members in the workspace, navigate to the Q&A page.
2. Select "Pending" on the left and select the question to which you'd like to post as an FAQ.
3. On the right sidebar, click "Add to FAQ." You will have the option to modify the original question and answer before posting it as an FAQ.
4. Select "Add to FAQ."
Who can see FAQ?
All workspace members who have permission to view the document will be able to see corresponding questions and answers from their Q&A page. Please note that the individual who asked the question will appear anonymous to non-admins in the FAQ.
View as a Non-Admin:
Disabling Q&A for a Workspace
The Q&A feature can be disabled by workspace administrators at any time. Disabling the Q&A feature will remove the Q&A module from the workspace and remove the "Ask a Question" button from the bottom of every document.
To disable Q&A, go to the Settings page in the workspace > check the box that says "Disable Q&A feature on this workspace" > Save workspace settings.