Caplinked offers watermarking to enhance security when sharing your documents. Here are instructions for best utilizing the watermarking feature:
- Watermarks are only applied to non-administrator groups in a workspace.
- When viewing documents in the web viewer, all document types will have the watermark applied.
- When downloading documents that have watermarking applied, only PDF files will be downloaded with a watermark. The rest of the files (if any) will be downloaded normally.
What Does the Watermark Look Like?
The watermark is unique to each user it is enabled for. A watermark on Caplinked has the following information:
- Time/Date of viewing
- The user's name
- The IP address of the user
- The email address of the user
For more information on how to customize your team's watermark, please reference the Customizing Watermark article.
How to Enable Watermarking for a Specific Permissions Group
- Go the Permissions tab in your workspace.
- Select the group for which you'd like to enable watermarking.
- On the right sidebar, select "Enable Watermarking".
Caplinked Watermarking as it appears in the web file viewer:
Caplinked Watermarking as it appears on a downloaded document:
Please note that the watermarking feature must be enabled by the Caplinked support team for your team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this feature.